In this modern day & age, it is fun to be a travel enthusiast. The appeal of life for a genuine traveller lies in frequent travel, exploration of new locales, and exposure to the splendour of various destinations.
Therefore, if you are a frequent traveller, here are a few items to make your journeys easier & enjoyable.
- Travel Insurance: It protects you against travel risks such as trip and flight cancellations, lost or stolen luggage, unanticipated medical emergencies and associated costs incurred while travelling.*
Today’s domestic travel insurance companies offer a variety of policies, allowing travellers to choose the one that best meets their requirements. It is prudent to conduct a quick online inquiry. This will enable you to compare and purchase the ideal policy for your requirements.*
- Electronic Backup Of Essential Documents: You should always carry scanned copies of your important travel documents, such as your passport, identification proofs and visa, for simple access. These can be stored on a portable drive or in the cloud for immediate access. This is useful for establishing your identity and obtaining replacement copies of your documents if you have lost the actual copy. However, if you’ve lost your passport abroad, you can always count on a travel insurance international policy to help you.*
- Travel Applications: With travel applications, it is no longer necessary to fumble through large local maps or rely on (often unreliable) local guides and tour operators when travelling. Numerous applications, such as Skyscanner, MakeMyTrip, and others, are now available to help you manage all aspects of your travel plans, including flights, hotels, and local transportation. All these sites help book travel insurance online, too!*
- Medications And First Aid: You never know when an emergency will occur, so it always pays to be prepared. Keep some essential medications, such as painkillers, medication for cough/fever/sore throat, etc., bandages, and an antiseptic in your carry-on luggage at all times. You won’t have to fret about locating a pharmacy in the middle of the night in an unfamiliar city if the need arises. But if you need to be hospitalised, you can rely on travel insurance outside India.*
- Rain Precaution
Rain precautions are crucial for safety during heavy rainfall. Stay informed about weather forecasts and flood alerts, have emergency numbers handy, and avoid flooded roads. Keep your home well-maintained to prevent leaks and have basic supplies on hand. When going out, use an umbrella, wear rain gear, and be cautious on wet surfaces. These steps enhance safety during rain.
- Credit Cards: Credit cards may seem like a burden to most people, but savvy travellers save credit card points to receive concessions on flights and lodging. Choose a card with the most benefits, and it would save you a good amount of money through these offers. Credit Cards are also helpful in buying domestic travel .##
Subscribe to Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Youtube Channel here!
* Standard T&C Apply
## All savings are provided by the insurer per the IRDAI-approved insurance plan. Standard T&C apply
Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation. For more details on benefits, exclusions, limitations, terms, and conditions, please read the sales brochure/policy wording carefully before concluding a sale.